Photos: Olivia Palermo; Courtesy of bauergriffinonline.com, zimbio.com.
We usually think of the shirt and shorts combo as a classic casual outfit choice, Olivia Palermo proved otherwise:
For the left look above, she balanced a casual chambray shirt with luxe, structured jacquard print shorts. As always, she finished off with an unexpected touch, in this case, a fun, summery floral ballet flats. This look is feminine yet fashionable, great for a casual date, a getaway, or downtown stroll.
For the right look above, she dressed up this classic combo by choosing urban chic staples: crisp white button down shirt, leather shorts and suede cut-out heel. This look is office-friendly, yet so easy to transform for night out simply by changing accessories.
As women, we always love leg slimming pieces, the loose shorts on Olivia Palermo are great examples. But this kind of shorts tends to exaggerate our hips, so take a hint from this style savvy, cinch your waist with a belt, which will make you look taller and slimmer.
How will you play with this combo? Share with me!
1. Current/Elliott The Perfect shirt (on Olivia Palermo on sale here)
2. Westward Leaning sunglasses
3. MSGM Short (similar here & here)
4. Michael Kors slim runway watch
5. Mango embellished skinny belt
6. Sam Edelman flat color ‘Melon’
7. Saint Laurent ‘Duffle 6’ satchel (similar here)
1. Theory Shirt (great buy here & here)
2. Piper Gore leather shorts (under $80 here!)
3. Aquazzura sandal (also here; great alternative here & here)
4. Giorgio Armani lipstick color ‘401’
5. Stella & Dot link bracelet
6. J.Crew leather belt
7. Fendi ‘2Jours’ tote (great alternative here & here)