Photos: Heidi Klum & Nicole Richie; Courtesy of startraksphoto.com, instyle.co.uk.
In part two of our “Summer Shorts” series, I want to talk about a specific catalog of the beloved denim shorts — the distressed ones. The worn out look lends more carefree, edgy and relaxed vibe to our outfit.
It’s such a versatile piece that can be worn year round and paired with almost anything: With an animal print top as seen on Heidi Klum (above left) for an edgy, adventurous look; With a retro pleated high neck top as seen on Nicole Richie (above right) for an urban bohemian look; With an ethnic graphic sweatshirt for a globetrotter girl look; Or with a silk striped blouse for a city chic look, and the list goes on… When temperature drops, top it off with a leather jacket or structured coat, as Alexa Chung did here.
When it comes to accessories, ankle boots, studded belt, hobo bag, aviator sunglasses are it’s best friends. They echo the edgy, relaxed and youthful vibe of distressed denim, great for a feminine meets masculine look.
1. Dorothy animal print tee
2. Equipment tie front shirt (on sale)
3. Rag & Bone/JEAN shorts (similar here)
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs oversized sunglasses
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs tote (also here; on Heidi here)
6. ASOS stud belt ($8)
7. Isabel Marant ankle boots (great alternative here & here)
1. High sleeveless blouse (similar here)
2. Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses (on sale here)
3. Rag & Bone/JEAN shorts ($29 here!)
4. House of Harlow 1960 bangle
5. Mango studded belt
6. Sam Edelman suede booties (also here; featured here)
7. Balenciaga Classic Town bag (great alternative here & here)
Photos: Olivia Palermo; Courtesy of stylebistro.com, gettyimages.com
As the temperature rises, dressing appropriately for work yet staying cool can be challenging. Today’s featured looks from tasteful and elegant Olivia Palermo can tell us how:
Choose office-friendly pieces with fresh, seasonal colors and airy breezy fabric: like the crisp white button-down shirt, light-weight trench coat, linen bermuda shorts and silk top seen on Palermo.
Show your fashion taste through details: a structured bag in python print, a nude sandal with right-in cut-out design, or an elegant thin belt in metallic hue.
Transform your look from office to evening out simply by changing accessories: add a statement chain necklace, or a bold gold cuff (maybe two, one on each arm), fabulous sunglasses or even just bright colored nails.
1. Acne tunic (great style here)
2. Olivia + Joy shoulder bag ($78!)
3. B-Low belt
4. Giorgio Armani bermuda shorts (similar here & here)
5. Charles Albert cuff
6. Aquazzura sandal (also here; great alternative here & here)
1. D&G trench coat (great style here & here)
2. Lulu Frost chain necklace (50% off)
3. Tibi silk cami (on sale; also here)
4. Elizabeth and James sunglasses
5. Elizabeth and James linen shorts (similar here)
6. Clinique for Sensitive Skin Nail Color in ‘Red Red Red’
7. Jimmy Choo suede sandals (65% off! also here; similar here)
8. Elizabeth and James cuff
Photos: Poppy Delevingne & Karolina Kurkova; Courtesy of vogue.co.uk; splashnews.com
Bright colored blazers are great warm weather outerwear options. They are cheerful yet professional. Especially those in primary colors, like the blue ones featured today, can easily take us from office to happy hours. Plus, without yellow undertone, color blue flatters most skin tones.
Pairing them with basic, neutral pieces is a no brainer solution. But this season, it’s all about West meets East. Since the cobalt color brings the Mediterranean breeze, why not add more happiness with some ethnic inspired pieces?
The dream rope-tie elaphe sandals by Jimmy Choo are definitely on the A-list this season: the coin charm, suede ties, mismatching tassels and python print will make any outfit outstanding!
A gladiator sandal in luxe matching blue hue or a bold mirror print top that’s exotic and futuristic is also great and much more affordable counterpiece to your blue blazers.
Of course, with so much going on, we need simple staples to tone it down: distressed skinny jeans are perfect to be juxtaposed against an opulent stiletto; white tee or black pants create the perfect canvas for bright colors and bold prints.
Blazer: Rag & Bone (also on sale here & here!)
Jeans: J Brand
Shoes: Jimmy Choo (great style also on sale here & here)
Bag: Jimmy Choo (similar here & here)
Ring: House of Harlow 1960
Nail: Sephora by OPI ‘Never Enough Shoes’
Blazer: Mango (great style here)
Jeans: J Brand
Shoes: Loeffler Randall (on sale! similar here)
Bag: TL-180 (lusting over this one)