Photos: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley; Courtesy of justjared.com.
When investing in wardrobe staples, I always look for details: buttons on jackets, zippers on pants, buckles on shoes, pockets on plain tees, sleeve length of a sweater… those are what make all the difference. As you can see from today’s featured looks above of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: the pieces and colors on her are very simple, it’s the details and accessories make her outfits chic and fashionable.
Black blazer is definitely a must-have for everyone. This season, go for double-breasted version, extra bonus for those with exaggerated shoulders and nipped-in waist. As for the jumper? Cropped length is the way to go, as seen on SS2014 runways, this trend won’t go anywhere soon.
Isabel Marant is the “Chanel” for me. I’m obsessed with everything she designed, besides the beloved Caleen booties, this pair on Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is edgy, sexy yet practical with the leather straps, pointy toe and easy walk heels. Combined with an It bag and fabulous sunglasses, these outfits can take you from the office to dinner.
至于鞋款，每一双来自Isabel Marant的设计我都非常喜欢，除了极受追捧的Caleen铆钉踝靴外，Rosie Huntington-Whiteley所穿的这双也很值得投资，与Caleen的休闲感不同，尖头的设计，不同皮革的拼接和抢眼的搭环让这双踝靴个性中又不失女人味。配上经典的设计师包款，这些Look对于约会、出行、和朋友的聚餐以及不要求正式着装的办公室场合等都非常适合。
1. Balmain double-breasted blazer (similar here & here)
2. T by Alexander Wang classic T shirt (similar here)
3. Isabel Marant Tacy pony booties (also here; similar here)
4. Anine Bing stretch leather skinny pants (also here; similar here)
5. Westward Leaning sunglasses
6. Balenciaga Voyage 24H (similar here)
1. J Brand Ready to Wear cropped sweater (also here; similar here)
2. Topshop quilted skirt (or this one)
3. Giorgio Armani leopard print handbag (great style on sale here!)
4. Fashion Fair Supreme Lipstick in color ‘Champagne Toast’
5. Oliver Peoples ‘Haley’ sunglasses (similar here)
6. Isabel Marant Tacy pony booties (also here; similar here)
Photos: Heidi Klum & Nicole Richie; Courtesy of startraksphoto.com, instyle.co.uk.
In part two of our “Summer Shorts” series, I want to talk about a specific catalog of the beloved denim shorts — the distressed ones. The worn out look lends more carefree, edgy and relaxed vibe to our outfit.
It’s such a versatile piece that can be worn year round and paired with almost anything: With an animal print top as seen on Heidi Klum (above left) for an edgy, adventurous look; With a retro pleated high neck top as seen on Nicole Richie (above right) for an urban bohemian look; With an ethnic graphic sweatshirt for a globetrotter girl look; Or with a silk striped blouse for a city chic look, and the list goes on… When temperature drops, top it off with a leather jacket or structured coat, as Alexa Chung did here.
When it comes to accessories, ankle boots, studded belt, hobo bag, aviator sunglasses are it’s best friends. They echo the edgy, relaxed and youthful vibe of distressed denim, great for a feminine meets masculine look.
1. Dorothy animal print tee
2. Equipment tie front shirt (on sale)
3. Rag & Bone/JEAN shorts (similar here)
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs oversized sunglasses
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs tote (also here; on Heidi here)
6. ASOS stud belt ($8)
7. Isabel Marant ankle boots (great alternative here & here)
1. High sleeveless blouse (similar here)
2. Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses (on sale here)
3. Rag & Bone/JEAN shorts ($29 here!)
4. House of Harlow 1960 bangle
5. Mango studded belt
6. Sam Edelman suede booties (also here; featured here)
7. Balenciaga Classic Town bag (great alternative here & here)
Photos: (from left) Nicole Richie & street style; Courtesy of instyle.co.uk, theyallhateus.com.
Besides the different kinds of lust-worthy red pumps that we shared in my last entry, handbag is another great way to incorporate this bright, dynamic hue. Today, let’s start with those we use most in daily life–big totes.
Nicole Richie is known for her edgy Bohemian style. Today’s look is no exception: the tie dye dress perfectly showed her casual chic sensibility with an infusion of Bohemia, while the eye-catching Givenchy tote, Balenciaga ankle boots, beanie and sunglasses keeping the look modern and edgy.
This outfit is great for weekend getaways, hanging out with friends or running errands, also a stylish option for pregnant women like myself: I’m living in my loose shift dresses and flat ankle booties now!
When the color scheme becomes as simple as you can see on the right look above, it’s the detail that really matters: from the subtle brown trim on her sweater to the asymmetrical hemline of her skirt to the cap-toe oxford. The colorblock red tote really brightened up the whole look while echoing the simplicity. Change the mini skirt into shorts, skinny jeans or cropped pants, this look is great for women at any age!
How to use a pop of red to create more ladylike, party-ready outfits? Coming soon!
Dress: Raquel Allegra (similar here)
Bag: Tory Burch (the Givenchy Nightingale Nicole Richie carried here)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (Balenciaga version on Nicole here)
Accessories: Asos beanie; House of Harlow 1960 sunglasses
Sweater: Topshop (adore the unique sheer panel on the sleeve!)
Skirt: Cacharel (65% off now! under $50 here)
Bag: Marni (two sides for two totally different looks! also adore this one from the brand)
Shoes: Tildon (a super comfy pair here!)