Photos: Olivia Palermo; Courtesy of instyle.co.uk, instyle.com.
Black/white is a huge trend this season and will stay strong this fall/winter. This classic color combo actually never goes out of style, I think one reason is that it creates the perfect canvas for fashion lovers to play around by adding colors, patterns & prints, by changing textures, medias and shapes.
Our featured star Olivia Palermo showed us exactly how through these two outfits above: instead of using pure black and white pieces, she chose geometric or animal print ones. Even for basic black outerwear, she pays attention to details by choosing a baseball version with mesh sleeves and a draped front design made of sequins.
When it comes to accessories, she is definitely at the top of the game! Here, she added ethnic necklace, animal print shoes and bright bag to spice up the monochrome palette, making it fun and exotic.
Which outfit do you like? How will you style your black and white?
1. Theory graphic jacquard dress (similar here & here)
2. Holst + Lee necklace
3. Westward Leaning sunglasses
4. Express mesh baseball jacket
5. Saint Laurent satchel (last seen here; similar here)
6. Pretty Ballerinas shoe (great alternative here in ‘New nude leopard’)
1. 2nd Day blazer (similar 69% off here)
2. Chanel nail color ‘Dragon’
3. Guess studded belt
4. DKNY zebra-print skirt (70% off now; similar here)
4. Stuart Weitzman shoe (on sale! similar here in ‘Black/white snake’)
5. Joie Marlo blouse (similar here)
6. Givenchy ‘Antigona’ satchel (last seen here)
Photos: Miranda Kerr; Courtesy of instyle.com, justjared.com.
The power of investment worthy accessories gets approved here again on Miranda Kerr: the same bag and shoe were paired with different dresses, resulting two different but equally eye-catching and glamorous outfits. I love how she played with prints and colors for these two looks:
when wearing a printed dress, instead of adding neutral accessories, choose those that can pick up one color in your dress or, even bolder, pick one that is a good contrast to your dress. Here, Miranda Kerr paired a blue leather bag with blue printed dress (in the same color family) and an orange one (color contrast).
Mixing prints is also another way to elevate a look, making it fun and youthful. Accessories are always a great and easy way to start, like the leopard pump on her.
These two looks are Miranda Kerr’s recent airport outfits, but for most of us, they are great for many other occasions: baby/bridal shower, weddings, dinner or date. The length and prints of these dresses make them great for women of all ages.
1. ModCloth Sunrise Over the Sea dress
2. Maison Martin Margiela 4 finger rings (under $20 here & here)
3. Laundry by Shelli Segal pleated dress (also here)
4. Swarovski Hinged bangle
5. Ivanka Trump pump (another great pair also on sale here)
6. Prada ‘Daino’ (similar here & here)
1. Dorothy Perkins print dress
2. Marc by Marc Jacobs sunglasses
3. Modcloth An Hour to Spare dress
4. Yves Saint Laurent lip color ‘001’
5. Swarovski bangle
6. Ivanka Trump pump (another great pair also on sale here)
7. Prada ‘Daino’ (similar here & here)
Photos: Miranda Kerr; Courtesy of justjared.com.
Moms are all working around the clock. Weekends can be even more hectic than weekdays: going to the gym, playing with kids at the park, running errands, maybe having dinner with some friends later. Staying chic in such a busy schedule can be quite challenging, but hot mom Miranda Kerr gave us a hint: let accessories do the trick! They are multifunction and don’t take up much precious space in our bag:
A baseball cap is right on trend this year. It covers our post workout hair while protecting us from the sun when playing with kids outside.
Fabulous sunglasses are definitely another great accessories to invest in every season. They are the quickest way to update any outfit while covering our makeup free face. With their help, all we need is a bright lip to perked us up.
Printed silk scarf dresses up a casual outfit while adding a pop of color to our ‘boring’ work out uniform. Use a chic yet functional It bag instead of an omnipresent diaper bag, like this one that has been constantly spotted on Miranda Kerr.
If you need to meet some friends afterward, just keep the tank top, throw on a maxi skirt and sandal, you are all set, like Miranda Kerr did here!
1. ASOS leather cap (on sale!)
2. Ralph Lauren silk scarf (similar here & here)
3. Zella ‘Live In’ leggings
4. Vince Favorite tank
5. Karen Walker sunglasses (on Miranda Kerr here)
6. Asics running shoe
1. Current/Elliott sweatshirt (on sale, also here; similar under $10 here)
2. Splendid tank top
3. Ebbets Field Flannels for J.Crew ball cap
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs round sunglasses
5. Zella ‘Live In’ leggings
6. Nike ‘Shox Navina SI’