Photos: Jessica Alba; Courtesy of glamour.com, starstyle.com.
Plaid, leopard, burgundy, emerald… these classic yet trendy shades and prints are naturally associated with fall/winter. Jessica Alba demonstrate how to style them for day and night:
Luxe texture ups the chic factor. For a day time look, a velvet blazer, calf hair flat, wool fedora and cashmere scarf make a sleeveless shirt and skinny jeans combo perfect for fall. A black tote grounded the rich colors.
For an event or a night out, slip on stilettos and grab a printed clutch, you are good to go. Here, Jessica Alba smartly made the sleeveless shirt cold weather approved simply by warming them up with rich shades, from the deep burgundy on her lips to the emerald-green on her toes.
In Chinese: 豹纹、格子、酒红、墨绿等这些词天然地和秋冬联系在一起。今天来看看Jessica Alba 怎么把这些色彩和图案搭配起来，无论应对时尚派对还是周末出街都优雅自如。
奢华的材质能给基础单品和暗沉色调增加层次、提升质感，比如对于春夏我们常穿的无袖衬衫和牛仔裤的组合，秋冬时加上天鹅绒的西装外套、马毛或牛毛的鞋子包包、羊毛的小礼帽以及喀什米尔的围巾等。如果觉得身上的颜色和图案太多，就像Jessica Alba 一样用一个黑色的大包平衡一下吧。
1. Each Other Velvet tuxedo blazer (great buy here & here)
2. Skies Are Blue plaid button down (great style here & here)
3. Janessa Leoe Sara hat ($38 here)
4. Frame Denim jeans (also here; similar here)
5. Nordstrom Collection cashmere wrap
6. Karen Walker Super Duper Strength sunglasses
7. Kate Spade New York ‘Grenada’ flat (also love this pair)
8. Dsquared2 classic tote (similar here)
1. Skies Are Blue plaid button down (great style here & here)
2. J Brand high-rise skinny jeans (more options here)
3. YSL Rouge Pur Couture lip color#31
4. Clare Vivier flat clutch (similar here; my obsession here)
5. Sam Edelman Desiree pump (on sale here! more colors here)
Photos: Olivia Palermo; Courtesy of splashnews.com, dailymail.co.uk.
Many of our beloved fashion staples are borrowed from the boys: pantsuit, trench coat, loafers…. and today’s featured iconic piece–the bomber jacket. Originally designed for Air Force pilots, bomber jacket is now deeply loved by women for its versatility, chic clean lines and leg-elongating cropped cut.
The best way to style menswear-inspired pieces is balancing them with feminine, sexy elements, be it a pair of skinny jeans, a scarlet lip, mini skirt, or sexy pointy toe pump. Olivia Palermo always goes one step further: how fashionable are these two bomber jackets on her? Love the edgy leather quilt and sophisticated color block on them!
1. Tibi bomber jacket (also on sale here; similar here)
2. Equipment blouse (also here; similar here)
3. Stella McCartney cat eye sunglasses (similar here)
4. AG Adriano Goldschmied distressed jeans (also on sale here & here)
5. Gianvito Rossi camo-print pumps (also here; great style here & here)
6. Marc Jacobs nail lacquer
1. Joie Marru top
2. Hive & Honey varsity colorblock jacket (30% off with code FALL)
3. Milly Chevron mini skirt (great buy here & here)
4. Stella McCartney cat eye sunglasses (similar here)
5. Sam Edelman flat (also here)
6. Anya Hindmarch Ebury textured-leather tote (similar here)
Photos: Olivia Palermo; Courtesy of instyle.co.uk, instyle.com.
Black/white is a huge trend this season and will stay strong this fall/winter. This classic color combo actually never goes out of style, I think one reason is that it creates the perfect canvas for fashion lovers to play around by adding colors, patterns & prints, by changing textures, medias and shapes.
Our featured star Olivia Palermo showed us exactly how through these two outfits above: instead of using pure black and white pieces, she chose geometric or animal print ones. Even for basic black outerwear, she pays attention to details by choosing a baseball version with mesh sleeves and a draped front design made of sequins.
When it comes to accessories, she is definitely at the top of the game! Here, she added ethnic necklace, animal print shoes and bright bag to spice up the monochrome palette, making it fun and exotic.
Which outfit do you like? How will you style your black and white?
1. Theory graphic jacquard dress (similar here & here)
2. Holst + Lee necklace
3. Westward Leaning sunglasses
4. Express mesh baseball jacket
5. Saint Laurent satchel (last seen here; similar here)
6. Pretty Ballerinas shoe (great alternative here in ‘New nude leopard’)
1. 2nd Day blazer (similar 69% off here)
2. Chanel nail color ‘Dragon’
3. Guess studded belt
4. DKNY zebra-print skirt (70% off now; similar here)
4. Stuart Weitzman shoe (on sale! similar here in ‘Black/white snake’)
5. Joie Marlo blouse (similar here)
6. Givenchy ‘Antigona’ satchel (last seen here)