Black/white is a huge trend this season and will stay strong this fall/winter. This classic color combo actually never goes out of style, I think one reason is that it creates the perfect canvas for fashion lovers to play around by adding colors, patterns & prints, by changing textures, medias and shapes.
Our featured star Olivia Palermo showed us exactly how through these two outfits above: instead of using pure black and white pieces, she chose geometric or animal print ones. Even for basic black outerwear, she pays attention to details by choosing a baseball version with mesh sleeves and a draped front design made of sequins.
When it comes to accessories, she is definitely at the top of the game! Here, she added ethnic necklace, animal print shoes and bright bag to spice up the monochrome palette, making it fun and exotic.
Which outfit do you like? How will you style your black and white?
1. Theory graphic jacquard dress (similar here & here)
2. Holst + Lee necklace
3. Westward Leaning sunglasses
4. Express mesh baseball jacket
5. Saint Laurent satchel (last seen here; similar here)
6. Pretty Ballerinas shoe (great alternative here in ‘New nude leopard’)
1. 2nd Day blazer (similar 69% off here)
2. Chanel nail color ‘Dragon’
3. Guess studded belt
4. DKNY zebra-print skirt (70% off now; similar here)
4. Stuart Weitzman shoe (on sale! similar here in ‘Black/white snake’)
5. Joie Marlo blouse (similar here)
6. Givenchy ‘Antigona’ satchel (last seen here)