Photos: Heidi Klum & Nicole Richie; Courtesy of startraksphoto.com, instyle.co.uk.
In part two of our “Summer Shorts” series, I want to talk about a specific catalog of the beloved denim shorts — the distressed ones. The worn out look lends more carefree, edgy and relaxed vibe to our outfit.
It’s such a versatile piece that can be worn year round and paired with almost anything: With an animal print top as seen on Heidi Klum (above left) for an edgy, adventurous look; With a retro pleated high neck top as seen on Nicole Richie (above right) for an urban bohemian look; With an ethnic graphic sweatshirt for a globetrotter girl look; Or with a silk striped blouse for a city chic look, and the list goes on… When temperature drops, top it off with a leather jacket or structured coat, as Alexa Chung did here.
When it comes to accessories, ankle boots, studded belt, hobo bag, aviator sunglasses are it’s best friends. They echo the edgy, relaxed and youthful vibe of distressed denim, great for a feminine meets masculine look.
1. Dorothy animal print tee
2. Equipment tie front shirt (on sale)
3. Rag & Bone/JEAN shorts (similar here)
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs oversized sunglasses
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs tote (also here; on Heidi here)
6. ASOS stud belt ($8)
7. Isabel Marant ankle boots (great alternative here & here)
1. High sleeveless blouse (similar here)
2. Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses (on sale here)
3. Rag & Bone/JEAN shorts ($29 here!)
4. House of Harlow 1960 bangle
5. Mango studded belt
6. Sam Edelman suede booties (also here; featured here)
7. Balenciaga Classic Town bag (great alternative here & here)