Social season requires multi-functional, season-appropriate yet style conscious pieces. With that in mind, today I picked two glamorous looks from Olivia Palermo, see how she pulled together elegant, fashionable looks that are great for many social events, from formal black tie to a baby shower or date night, by using pieces that can be easily restyled in many different ways.
Like how Raf Simons infused modern poetry to Dior’s bravura signatures, Olivia Palermo chose sleek white blazer to go with her opulent, luxurious organza skirt for the house’s couture show. Front row styles are my favorite to observe, I greatly appreciate outfits like this which capture the spirit of the brand, yet so wearable.
1. Topshop textured blazer (great style here & here)
2. Kate Spade New York susannah dress (also here)
3. BCBG natural stone cuff
4. ONE by Boundary vegan leather skirt (on sale)
5. Alice + Olivia suede pumps
6. Aldo white clutch
The second look below blended different styles harmoniously together: the edgy animal print shirt, girly flared skirt, cool aviator sunglasses and cut-out booties. This drop-waist skirt on her is a new trend this season. Since the flare starts at our hips, the best way to style them is with tops tucked in to highlight our waistline. An embellished belt helps to cinch the waist. Style savvy Olivia also used nude heels to elongate her slim legs.
Again, each piece in this outfit can be easily restyled: Wear the printed blouse with white skinny jeans or black cropped pants; Team the flared skirt with a peplum top or bomber jacket. The usage of the accessories (nude cut out sandals, blue bag and embellished belt) is endless.
1. Dior aviator sunglasses
2. Aquazzura sandal (also here; great alternative here & here)
3. Joie Blouse (similar here)
4. Aryn K drop-waist skirt (it’s the one on Olivia, on sale; also here)
5. David Yurman diamond & sterling silver ring (also here)
6. Chanel ‘Coromandel’ nail colour
7. Rebecca Minkoff shoulder bag (also here)