Photos: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Miranda Kerr; Courtesy of justjared.com, instyle.co.uk.
There are always lazy days when I don’t want to think about my outfit, just gravitate towards some simple yet trusty pieces, like a basic black top and favorite skinny jeans or denim shorts.
For omnipresent combo like this, as always, we need to rely on accessories to make them stand out. As Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Miranda Kerr showed here: a chic fedora, right-on-trend studded booties, eye-catching yet practical ‘It’ bags, fabulous sunglasses or even just a wipe of red lipstick can make a big difference.
Another trick learned from Miranda Kerr: if you are self-conscious about a certain back area like I do when wearing hot shorts (you know what I mean), tie something around your waist: a denim shirt, leather jacket, hoodies or cardigan, which will add details to an outfit while super practical when temperature changes.
In Chinese: 总有那么几天，出门前懒得去想该穿什么，习惯性地把手伸向衣橱里那些我最信任的单品：简单的黑白T和牛仔裤。但是要把这些太过于平常的搭配穿出彩，配饰总是必不可少的。就像今天的这两位街拍偶像示范的一样：无论是一顶绅士风格的小礼帽，一双大热的铆钉踝靴，还是抢眼又实用的IT包，都能瞬间提升即使是最简单的搭配。
1. Westward Leaning sunglasses
2. J Brand skinny jeans (on sale! also here)
3. Joie Marru Top (on Rosie Huntington here)
4. Rag & Bone fedora ($32 here; on Rosie Huntington here)
5. Jules Smith shark necklace
6. Henri Bendel bag
7. Ash studded suede ankle boots
1. Stila Stay All Day lipstick
2. T by Alexander Wang classic tank ($6 here)
3. Madewell western jean shirt (on sale)
4. Ksubi Alberceque denim shorts (great alternative here)
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs bracelet watch
6. Valentino ‘Rockstud – Vitello’ tote (similar here & here)
7. Chloé boots (last seen on her here; great alternative here & here)
Photos: Halle Berry & Miranda Kerr; Courtesy of akmgsi.com, justjared.com.
Slit skirts/dresses are trendy but tricky to style. Today’s featured stars showed us how to pull them off at different ages: urban-meets-bohemian chic look for young ladies or elegant yet sexy ensemble for women over 40.
Halle Berry highlighted her artistic ombre asymmetrical skirt by keeping the rest simple: black top and city tote. I like that she chose a metallic sandal instead of black one. This season, metallic is the new black, but light, modern and summer appropriate.
1. Lionette Tribeca necklace (my favorite! lightweight and very comfortable)
2. Vince Camuto blouse (on sale here)
3. Foley + Corinna mid city tote (more colors here)
4. B Brian Atwood T-strap sandals (70% off now!)
5. Ray-Ban Vintage Oversized sunglasses
6. Helmut Lang ombre asymmetrical skirt (also here, similar here)
Miranda Kerr’s effortlessly chic off-duty looks are my favorite. A black side slit skirt can be easily dressed up or down. Here, she chose a tie dye t-shirt and studded buckle booties to make it daytime appropriate. The chic yet functional Givenchy Antigona spotted on her countless times really goes with every outfit!
1. Proenza Schouler tie dye shirt(on sale, also here; similar here)
2. Helmut Lang side slit skirt (similar here)
3. Stella McCartney oversized cat eye sunglasses ($16 here)
4. Givenchy Antigona satchel (also here; last seen here)
5. Chloé studded buckle boots (similar on sale here & here)
Photos: Miranda Kerr; Courtesy of fameflynet.com, au.lifestyle.yahoo.com.
With the holiday and weekend coming around, I picked two casual yet sweet looks of Miranda Kerr that are great for many occasions: brunch, shopping, barbecue, picnic, concert, weekend getaway… you name it.
First look below incorporated one of our favorite summer piece: maxi dress. The sexy thigh split of this shirt dress gets balanced by a conservative neckline and sweet color. Star shaped sunglasses add a whimsical and fun touch while a trimmed fedora and suede Duffle tote add urban chicness to the otherwise bohemian country look. This look is great for any age.
1. J.Crew hat (featured here)
2. Balmain duffle bag (she also carried it here & here; similar here)
3. J.Crew bangle set
4. Anthropologie high-low dress
5. French Connection silk maxi dress (72% off now! also here)
6. Mod Cloth guava dress
7. Miu Miu star sunglasses (also here; similar here)
8. Cole Haan sandal (great style here)
Second look below is my favorite. The subtle cutout design, studded leather boots and chic yet functional It bag elevate a sweet daisy print sundress, make it cool and edgy. Remember that your hair and makeup are definitely a crucial part of the whole look. Here, to highlight the cheerful print and enhance the overall sweet yet cool girl vibe, Miranda Kerr went for a bare face, nude lip and sleek updo.
1. Kenzo daisy print dress (similar here & here)
2. Cheap Monday point sunglasses
3. ASOS midi sundress (high-low version here)
4. Nadri crystal bangle
5. J.Crew gold bangle set
6. Isabel Marant studded boot (see it on Miranda Kerr here & here)
7. Givenchy ‘Antigona’ (more options here & here)