Photos: Poppy Delevingne & Miroslava Duma; Courtesy of vogue.co.uk, bfanyc.com.
Photos: Olivia Palermo & Elizabeth Hurley; Courtesy of oliviapalermo.com, infphoto.com.
Spring 2014 is a season to embrace bold colors and patterns. Buzzwords contain midi dresses, florals, pop-art and more. It’s definitely time to shine, are you ready?
Besides the trend, there is another thing we can learn from today’s featured ladies: To pull off the rare combination of rock edge and retro glamour, add characters with accessories, like the refined T strap pump, chunky oxford, ‘Rockstud’ shoes and bags showed above.
In Chinese: 今年春夏一反去年单调的黑与白，变得鲜艳、奔放、大胆。大伞裙、花朵、当代艺术等都是T台上传递出的关键词。你准备好了吗？
1. Balenciaga Rosabotanica Eau De Parfum
2. Michael Kors Sahar T-Strap Sandal (similar on sale here)
3. Dolce & Gabbana Floral-print Dress (similar here & here)
1. Guerlain Rouge Exceptional Complete Lip Stick in ‘Gilda 27’
2. Nine West Sizzle Oxford Bootie (petite friendly! also love this pair)
3. Oscar de la Renta x The Outnet Floral-print Dress (check out the covetable collaboration here! similar here)
1. Guerlain Météorites Powder
2. Valentino ‘Noir Rockstud’ Pump (similar here)
3. Skies Are Blue Tea Time Dress (on Olivia Palermo here)
4. Valentino ‘Rockstud’ Clutch (similar here)
1. Marni Rose Eau De Parfum
2. Jimmy Choo ‘Cosmic’ Pump (great alternative here & here)
3. Tadashi Shoji Lace & Tulle Dress
4. Rebecca Minkoff Honey Clutch (on sale; also love this one!)
Photos: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Miranda Kerr; Courtesy of justjared.com, instyle.co.uk.
There are always lazy days when I don’t want to think about my outfit, just gravitate towards some simple yet trusty pieces, like a basic black top and favorite skinny jeans or denim shorts.
For omnipresent combo like this, as always, we need to rely on accessories to make them stand out. As Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Miranda Kerr showed here: a chic fedora, right-on-trend studded booties, eye-catching yet practical ‘It’ bags, fabulous sunglasses or even just a wipe of red lipstick can make a big difference.
Another trick learned from Miranda Kerr: if you are self-conscious about a certain back area like I do when wearing hot shorts (you know what I mean), tie something around your waist: a denim shirt, leather jacket, hoodies or cardigan, which will add details to an outfit while super practical when temperature changes.
In Chinese: 总有那么几天，出门前懒得去想该穿什么，习惯性地把手伸向衣橱里那些我最信任的单品：简单的黑白T和牛仔裤。但是要把这些太过于平常的搭配穿出彩，配饰总是必不可少的。就像今天的这两位街拍偶像示范的一样：无论是一顶绅士风格的小礼帽，一双大热的铆钉踝靴，还是抢眼又实用的IT包，都能瞬间提升即使是最简单的搭配。
1. Westward Leaning sunglasses
2. J Brand skinny jeans (on sale! also here)
3. Joie Marru Top (on Rosie Huntington here)
4. Rag & Bone fedora ($32 here; on Rosie Huntington here)
5. Jules Smith shark necklace
6. Henri Bendel bag
7. Ash studded suede ankle boots
1. Stila Stay All Day lipstick
2. T by Alexander Wang classic tank ($6 here)
3. Madewell western jean shirt (on sale)
4. Ksubi Alberceque denim shorts (great alternative here)
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs bracelet watch
6. Valentino ‘Rockstud – Vitello’ tote (similar here & here)
7. Chloé boots (last seen on her here; great alternative here & here)
Photos: Kris Jenner; Courtesy of stylebistro.com, gettyimages.com.
Although I’m not a big fan of Kris Jenner’s life style due to my traditional background, I definitely appreciate her fashion style. Just like many moms in their 50s and above, she doesn’t have a “perfect body”, but she is never afraid of bold colors and trends. These featured two outfits (above) exemplified her age-appropriate yet fashionable style.
My favorite part of these looks is the way she made evening dresses daytime appropriate: adding a fine cardigan or wearing a tailored white button-down underneath. These tricks not only extend the usage of our cocktail dresses, but also help to cover the part that we may not feel comfortable to show. Also, these outfits are ageless (see Emma Stone in a similar outfit), women at any age can wear them beautifully!
Wearing one color head-to-toe is a big trend this season. For accessories, you can choose those in the same color family with your clothing but in different shades for contrast (like the light pink pumps on Jenner). For a modern and fashion forward touch, go with metallic ones!
Accessories is always a great start to try a trend without looking overdone: a pair of latest sunglasses, an it-bag or of-the-moment shoes can instantly update your basics and neutrals or elevate your bright and printed pieces.
Cardigan: P.A.R.O.S.H ($15 here, $46 here)
Dress: Vivienne Westwood (similar here; Designer version on Kris Jenner here)
Shoes: Charles by Charles David (more color options here)
Sunglasses: Tom Ford (it’s the one on Kris Jenner)
Watch: Michael Kors
Nail: Deborah Lippmann ‘hit me with your best shot’
Top: J.Crew (similar 30% off here with code MAYCHIC)
Dress: J.Crew (great style here)
Shoes: Valentino (or this version, similar here & here)
Belt: Ann Taylor
Lip: M·A·C ‘Lady Danger’
Nail: Deborah Lippmann ‘It’s raining men’