Photos: Kate Middleton; Courtesy of dailymail.co.uk, brown; glamour.com.
Photos: Kate Middleton; Courtesy of graziadaily.co.uk, vogue.co.uk.
For the coming parties, if you want some demure and graceful outfit inspirations, look no further than Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, who is the epitome of elegant dressing.
She knows what suits her best and sticks with it. As you can see above, the cinched waist dresses highlight her tiny waist. The just-above-the-knee length combined with coordinating shoes is prim, flattering and leg-elongating.
When in muted colors like the navy and brown showed above, she uses complementing accessories to add rich textures to her ensembles; Whereas when in bright colors like the cobalt blue and bright red above, she keeps the silhouette simple for a modern, sleek vibe.
In Chinese: 先前我们分享了前卫的数码印花裙、经典的小黑裙，今天来看看优雅的A字裙吧。说起优雅，凯特王妃一定会是先冒入我们脑海的时尚典范。她很清楚自己的身材优势，上面的这几个造型中都能看到的收腰款裙装或裙式大衣是她最常穿的。齐膝或膝上一两公分的裙长既显瘦又端庄。简约的一件式洋装或同色系的上下装，搭配裸色或同色的高跟鞋也是她显高又显瘦的小技巧。
1. Orla Kiely mohair placement dress (or this pleated skirt, both on sale)
2. Reiss Tulum contrast trim textured jacket (similar here & here)
3. Macy’s10K gold earrings
4. Jimmy Choo Anouk suede pumps (also here; similar here & here)
1. Kiki McDonough Eternal 18k gold earrings (similar here)
2. Aquatalia Royal suede booties (also here; similar here)
3. Stuart Weitzman the Sportelope clutch (on sale here)
4. Orla Kiely Static Boucle Sheath (more options from the brand here)
1. Macy’s 14K white gold ring
2. McQ Alexander McQueen suede waist belt
3. Bobbi Brown blush (Kate’s favorite!)
4. Diane von Furstenberg Julian wrap dress (also here)
5. Manolo Blahnik BB suede pump (under $100 here)
1. Chanel vintage embellished brooch (will be your family heirloom; great buy here)
2. L.K.Bennett pump (Kate wears them a lot; similar here)
3. Isaac Mizrahi New York red dresses ($56 here)
4. Saint Laurent Lutetia flap clutch (similar here & here)
Photos: Miranda Kerr; Courtesy of dailymail.co.uk, splashnews.com.
What comes along with our full-swing social calendar is the constant conundrum: “what to wear?” Today, I picked two glamorous party-perfect outfits that are great for most warm weather events: sweet and demure for daytime, sexy and seductive for night-time.
Miranda Kerr has the ability to seamlessly blend hot trends with her signature glamorous style. I think the key is mixing new with old, mixing unexpected things with familiar elements. For example: choose a mirror floral print or embellished lace dress that’s in classic, sleek sheath or slim pencil silhouette; offset bold, bright pieces with quiet, classic items like a black bag or simple pump.
As always, balance is key. Take a hint from Miranda Kerr: If you already choose a printed dress and bright shoes, keep bag neutral and jewelry to a minimum for a fresh yet sweet daytime look; If you want to go bold for night, like the above right look of Miranda Kerr, opt for a bold dress, statement jewelry and scarlet lip, then keep the color palette simple and sophisticated.
1. Reiss print dress (on sale)
2. Nordstrom stud earrings
3. ASOS watercolour dress
4. Alice + Olivia Dina pump (great buy here & here)
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs messenger bag (similar here)
1. Dolce & Gabbana earings (similar here & here)
2. Diane von Furstenberg lace dress (also here & here)
3. Christian Louboutin Angelique pump (similar here & here)
4. YSL Lipstick ‘#17 Red Muse’
5. Nina satin clutch (featured here)
Photos: Miranda Kerr & Amanda Seyfried; Courtesy of wireimage.com, redcarpet-fashionawards.com.
Bold colors can really make women shine, especially the classic red. Like the LBD, there is a perfect red dress for everyone. With subtle differences in hues and details, red dresses can reflect many different personalities.
As you can see from today’s featured looks above, by paying attention to details and accessories, these two stars took the right-on-trend fit and flare silhouette to the next level. Miranda Kerr chose one with mesh stripes and beautiful neck design, the peek-a-boo effect along with her scarlet lips adds sexiness to this girly sweet sundress.
Amanda Seyfried’s take on red is more edgy and mystery. The abstract print and front zip on her dress and the shark tooth closure on her heels add a nonconformist touch to her look.
Both outfits are great for weddings, graduations, and countless summer parties. The fit and flare shape flatters many body types.
Tadashi Shoji (more colors here)
Dress: ModCloth (great buy here!)
Bag: Prada (it’s sister here; similar here)
Shoes: ModCloth (great style here)
Lip: Guerlain ‘Habit Rouge 121′
A.B.S. By Allen Schwartz (also available here)
ModCloth (or this one)
Diane Von Furstenberg
Dress: A.B.S. By Allen Schwartz (also available here)
Shoes: Givenchy (similar here & here)
Jewelry: Vince Camuto