Photos: Lily Collins & Beyoncé; Courtesy of vogue.com, justjared.com.
The heat wave seams tamed, weather cooled down here in New York. Usually I would immediately pull out my favorite leather shorts, but with a huge belly at 35 weeks, I still need to wait patiently. The good part is my shorts can wait too since I can wear them year round: spring/summer with lace and pastel tops, early fall with jumpers/jackets, later with thick tights and booties.
Besides distressed denim cutoffs, leather shorts are what I wear most in spring/summer. I prefer faux leather because they are more breathable considering the weather. But this season, designers reinvented this beloved piece, treated leather like any other fabric, made them paper-thin, flowy, soft and colorful. Because of my pregnancy, I haven’t try one yet, so those of you who tried, please share with me your thoughts!
For those who haven’t, before move to any printed, colored, scalloped hem, cut-out leather shorts, the basic black pair is definitely a must-have. It goes with everything (from a simple white Tee to romantic lace blouse, from a floral printed blazer to tough motorcycle jacket) and instantly make the look effortlessly chic.
Here, Lily Collins & Beyoncé’s outfits are great for a date night or hanging out with friends. The structured blazer and sophisticated palette make these looks ageless too. Changing the shoes to sneakers or loafers, they are great for everyday wear.
And once again, the “Nothing has the transformational effect of a great shoe or beautiful bag” claim had proved: the red clutch and mint green pump on them instantly brighten up the outfits, making them fun & summery.
1. Helmut Lang blazer (70% off! also on sale here)
2. Tibi classic silk camisole (great alternative here)
3. Givenchy shark tooth necklace (similar here)
4. Topshop leather look shorts (on Lily Colins here)
5. Tom Ford lip color ‘True Coral’
6. Kate Spade New York pump (also here)
7. Loeffler Randall lock clutch (on sale!)
1. Helmut Lang jacket (on sale; under $60 here & here)
2. House of Harlow 1960 Carmen sunglasses
3. Splendid stretch camisole (or this one)
4. Topshop leather look shorts ($18 here)
5. Kate Spade New York pump (on Beyoncé on sale here!)
6. ASOS hat (featured here)
7. Sophie Hulme envelope crossbody bag (on sale here)