Photos: (from left) Nikki Phillips, Alessandra Ambrosio & Kate Bosworth; Courtesy of vogue.com, zimbio.com, justjared.com.
In Part Three, we shared the versatile yet stylish summer shorts: white denim cutoffs. Today, I want to talk about its innocent ‘sister’: white lace shorts.
Lace is so delicate and feminine, often associated with special occasions like wedding, or used in home decor. For daily wear, we may see it most in undergarments and sleepwear. Wearing it out, especially daytime appropriate, can be tricky.
My favorite way to style lace shorts is with a military shirt or leather jacket. But when it’s sweltering outside, pairing them with a crisp white top or airy tank is a better idea, like today’s featured ladies did, also as a nod to the white on white trend this season.
For girly and romantic outfits like these, accessories are key to get balanced, be it a tough ankle boot, rich earthy brown bag or futuristic mirror sunglasses. They give the look a more wearable and down to earth vibe.
These outfits are great for a variety of summer activities: music festival, road trip, backyard BBQ, hanging out with friends or just strolling around the town.
1. MICHAEL Michael Kors runway watch
2. SpaRitual nail color ‘Marble’
3. Anthropologie tunic (or this one)
4. Forever 21 shorts
5. Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses (featured here)
6. Low Luv by Erin Wasson knuckle ring
1. San Diego Hat Company ribbon floppy hat
2. Urban Outfitters high/low necklace
3. Chelsea Flower silk tunic top (on sale; similar here & here)
4. Pieces belt
5. Lacey Ryan bracelet set
6. Free People scalloped lace skort
7. McFadin fringe bag (similar here)
8. Isabel Marant studded boot (worn with dress here & here)
1. Topshop scallop lace top (more colors here)
2. Gorjana arrow cuff
3. Free People scalloped lace skort
4. Frye crossbody bag
5. Sam Edelman suede boot (last seen here)
6. Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses