Photos: Olivia Palermo; Courtesy of Splash News.
Another fabulously accessorized look that is great for many summer events. I love everything about this look: the fresh white and green palette, the contrast between her bomber jacket and feminine full skirt, the mimic elements on her cuff, shoe and Minaudiere which tie the whole outfit together, the barely there but oh-so-important leopard belt and her half-tuck hair.
In Chinese: 又一个来自混搭高手奥利维亚·巴勒莫 (Olivia Palermo)的造型，清新自然又不失潮感，适合夏日的很多活动。值得学习的地方有很多：清爽的配色、棒球外套和淑女长裙的混搭、把整身完美统一在一起的几何图案的配件，还有那些微小但对造型影响很大的细节，比如豹纹腰带和她看似随性、半塞进去的发型。
Clockwise from top left:
Top: Tibi (also here; similar here)
Jacket: Rebecca Taylor (also love this laser cut version!)
Shoe: Sergio Rossi (more breathtaking styles are current on sale here & here!)
Skirt: Tibi (also here; similar here)
Minaudiere: Rafe New York (also on sale here! )
Photos: Olivia Palermo & Rosie Huntington-Whiteley; Courtesy of oliviapalermo.com, vogue.fr.
Jumpsuit has been around for a while, from summer’s short overalls to fall’s long sleeved versions as you can see on today’s featured ladies. There are several reasons why we love a great jumpsuit:
First of all, it creates a long, lean silhouette that will make us look taller and slimmer, especially the versatile black one. Secondly, it’s as romantic and dramatic as a sexy-goddess maxi dress but much more practical and versatile. Thirdly, it has the perfect masculine/feminine balance which we all love today. Last but not least, it’s a no-brainer! You can just throw on and you are good to go.
In Chinese: 连身裤已经流行了好一阵了，从夏天就到处可见的清凉的短打连身裤到今年秋冬好多明星和名媛都偏爱的长袖装。存在必有其合理性，我最喜欢这种裤装的几点：首先，这种一件式的设计没有截断身形的担心，穿起来修身又显高；其次，它是性感和酷帅的完美结合。穿起来有和希腊女神式的长裙一样的视觉冲击，但是又没有那么挑场合挑季节。一年四季都可以穿，配合不同的鞋子和配饰也很容易打造适合不同场合的look。更重要的是你几乎不用费心考虑怎么穿搭，像裙子一样，只要套上去再加上一两个简单的配饰，比如一双性感的高跟鞋，一个手包，甚至只搭一只简单的大手表，就很有型了。
1. Sam & Lavi jumpsuit (also here)
2. Hive & Honey varsity jacket
3. BCBG Max Azria skinny belt
4. Ray-Ban retro sunglasses
5. Sam Edelman ‘Kit’ boot (great style also on sale here)
6. Tom Ford nail lacquer in ‘Carnal Red’
1. Sam & Lavi jumpsuit (also here)
2. Michael Kors ‘Runway’ watch
3. Tibi Amber ankle strap sandals (similar here)
4. Stella McCartney gradient sunglasses
5. Giorgio Armani tote (also here; similar here)
6. Chanel nail color in ‘Frenzy’
Photos: Miranda Kerr; Courtesy of justjared.com.
Since the ‘No white after Labor Day’ rule has been broken, let’s learn some tips on how to style our favorite white pieces this fall/winter:
Either the timeless white or sweet pastels (which are a huge trend this season), it’s the materials that count. Pick pieces made of wool, jacquard, leather, knit, suede or thick denim.
Pair them with clothes or accessories in rich jewel tones or dark neutrals to add that season-appropriate vibe, like the grey bag, black suede pump and golden brown printed pants on Miranda Kerr.
Bonus points for adding some trendy elements or eye-catching prints to your outfit: be it a bomber jacket, a beanie, a leather backpack or botanical or leopard print.
1. Mother of Pearl jacquard bomber (great buy here)
2. T by Alexander Wang classic T-shirt (similar here)
3. Alexander Wang ‘Rockie’ satchel (also here; last seen here)
4. Mango super slim-fit jeans (great style here & here)
5. Manolo Blahnik BB suede pump (also here; similar here)
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs round sunglasses
1. T by Alexander Wang Crepe blazer (also here; on Miranda Kerr here)
2. Ann Taylor leopard jacquard pants
3. B-Low belt
4. Alexander Wang ‘Rockie’ satchel (also here; last seen here)
5. Target ultimate crew Tee
6. Oliver Peoples sunglasses (great alternative here)
7. Manolo Blahnik BB Suede pump (great alternative here & here)