Pre-fall is my favorite time of the year: I can still wear the light and airy summer pieces whiling enjoy the fun of layering. Today’s featured looks are perfect examples of dressing for transitional seasons.
The white top, black shorts and mini skirt on Olivia Palermo & Poppy Delevingne are spring/summer staples we all have in our closet. Top them off with a tweed or leather jacket to keep us warm on chilly days while bringing in details and rich textures to a monochrome look. Black accessories with gold accents are also great way to introduce new season without adding bulk, like the black bag, cute bow pump, and edgy studded loafers on them.
Low heels and menswear inspired footwear are huge trends. Since they are not as leg-lengthening as stilettos, we need to pay extra attention to clothes: high waisted bottoms or crop top/jacket is a good way to go, especially for petite girls like me.
1. Rebecca Taylor jacket (also here; similar here)
2. Mango gold belt
3. Dolce & Gabbana tweed shorts (on sale! similar here)
4. Delvaux Tempête MM bag (last seen on her here; similar here)
5. Warehouse embroidered top
6. Salvatore Ferragamo Vara pump (also here; similar here)
7. Ray-Ban sunglasses
8. Olivia Collings 1940s 18-karat gold linked bracelet (similar here)
1. Bernardo asymmetrical leather moto jacket (similar here)
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim overlapped tank (on sale)
3. Splendid miniskirt
4. Illamasqua lipstick in ‘Flare’
5. Gucci 1973 black crocodile chain shoulder bag (similar here & here)
6. Gucci 1953 horsebit loafer (alternative here)