Polka dot is such a timeless & dynamic print. Different scales and colors can give it different vibes: Small ones are more feminine and flirty whereas big ones are more modern and dramatic; Neutral ones are classic and easy-going whereas colored ones are more fun and youthful.
Pairing it with different pieces can bring out different sides of polka dots. As you can see from today’s featured looks above: A flirty frill skirt and cute Mary Jane heels enhanced the romantic and feminine side of Olivia Palermo’s small polka dot print shirt; A wide chunky waist belt, sleek black trousers and edgy leather pumps showed off the modern, powerful side of Taylor Tomasi Hill’s big polka dot shirt.
Two more tips we can learn from these two icons: When mixing prints, vary scales if they share the same color palette, vice versa; If your top and bottom both have volume, use a belt to cinch the waist.
1. Tibi Hexadot Peekaboo Blouse (great style here; similar here)
2. Westward Leaning sunglasses
3. Reiss frill skirt
4. Fallon Jewelry D ring bracelet
5. Smythson Cooper Top Zip iPad clutch (similar here)
6. J.Crew leather belt (also love this one)
7. Truth Or Dare By Madonna Lodie shoe (also here; similar here)
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs cat eye sunglasses
2. Equipment signature polka-dot blouse (also here; $43 here!)
3. Linea Pelle Belt (60% off now; similar here)
4. The Row Vault dashford trouser (great buy here & here)
5. L.A.M.B. Mary Jane pumps (on Taylor Tomasi Hill here)
6. Dezso By Sara Beltran friendship bracelet
7. Dezso By Sara Beltran Opal cuff
8. Dezso By Sara Beltran shark tooth & marquis diamond cuff