Photos: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Miranda Kerr; Courtesy of splashnews.com, mydaily.co.uk.
I have a love/hate relationship with thigh high boots. I love their sexy and tough vibe and the fact that they provide extra warmth and additional coverage for our legs. But being a petite (I’m only 5’1 ft), I didn’t think I could pull them off. After a few weeks of trying, now I don’t want to take mine off! I even use my Mary Jane pump and thigh-high socks to create the similar look when it’s too hot to wear boots.
Here are my four main considerations for hunting and styling thigh high boots: Buy suede ones instead of leather, since suede has a matte finish which can slim our legs; The perfect pair should fit like a glove, not too tight, not too loose, especially around the ankle area; When wearing them with skirts or shorts, make sure there are a few inches between the hemline and the top of your boots; Finally, balance the sexiness of a thigh high boot with some masculine touches, like the menswear-inspired coat and newsboy cap showed on the models above.
首先在选择时，我发现麂皮更能修饰腿型，因为相比有光泽的牛皮，麂皮吸光的特性使腿部看起来更收缩；其次在试穿时，不能太松或太紧，尤其不能盖住脚踝本身的线条；最后，在搭配时，尤其是配裙子或短裤时，要露出一些皮肤，裙子或短裤的边不能盖住靴子的上缘，因为视线会停留在靴筒的高度，视觉上靴筒盖住的地方好像都是小腿的长度，无形中就大大拉长了腿型。另外搭配时可以用这一季最流行的男孩风的单品去中和大腿靴太过女人味的感觉，比如在超模Rosie Huntington-Whiteley和Miranda Kerr身上看到的男士大衣和报童帽等。天气不太冷时，也可以用高跟鞋和大腿袜打造一个类似大腿靴的性感又可爱的造型！
1. Balmain Sweater (extra 20% off here with ‘SHOPSTYLE2’; similar here & here)
2. Free People Knit Holly Go Lightly Skirt
3. Lauren Ralph Lauren Fisherman Cap
4. Jules Smith Americana Choker
5. Stuart Weitzman ‘Highland’ Boot (also available here; great alternative here)
6. Valentino ‘Grande Lock’ Shoulder Bag (last seen here)
1. Theory ‘Elizabeth’ Wool Blend Coat (also here)
2. Equipment Hunter Tuxedo Shirt (also here)
3. Balmain Stretch Suede Boots (on sale! also here; similar here)
4. Frame Denim Le Skinny de Jeanne Skinny Jeans
5. Oliver Peoples Aviator Sunglasses
6. Givenchy ‘Antigona’ (last seen here; similar here)