Q: I’m going to Beijing this October, how can I stay comfy and warm while still looking chic? I’m pretty petite and not fit, carrying some weight around midsection as well as upper thighs. It would be great if you could also provide some fashionable gift ideas for my colleagues there!
A: Hi there! How exciting about your coming trip! October is a very pleasant month in Beijing with an average temperature of 22°C (71.6 °F). Considering the varying temperature between takeoff and landing, the key is layering. Below I put together an outfit for you (I included two types of shoes that both work, choose one you like!) as well as some gift inspiration, I hope it helps! Wish you a safe and comfortable journey!
Clockwise from top left:
- BlankNYC Faux Leather Jacket (petite friendly; sharp and flattering; instantly polishes up the whole look while keeping you warm on the plane, also serves as a great night-out jacket during your stay)
- Cheap Monday Circle Sunglasses
- LnA Crew Neck Tee (the perfect white tee that fits any occasion! dress it up or down, wear it alone or layered)
- ElevenParis ‘Ludger’ Tuxedo Stripe Track Pants (For comfy yet chic dressing, my go-to ‘uniform’ is track pants combined with a worn-in shirt and a tailored jacket. This pair has the on-trend sporty vibe, the strategically placed side trims are figure-flattering. The high-waist design, well-defined waist band and subtle pleats all serve one purpose: elongating your legs while concealing your offending area. Similar here & here)
- Zara checked scarf with fringes (Yep, sometimes men’s department has the best gems. Scarf is an airport essential. This one is great for year-round, goes with everything. A similar option here)
- Nike ‘Dunk Sky Hi’ Wedge Sneaker (super comfy with the much-needed extra height, petite must-have!)
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Selma Mini Messenger Bag (let a ‘Radiant Orchid’ bag sent the message that you stay on top of trends with ease, plus this one is the perfect size for travel or everyday use)
- French Sole ‘Passport’ Flat (Need I say more? This baby is a perfection!)
Das Horn Drinking Horn
Braun Square Alarm Clock (Although it’s been said that Chinese might not appreciate a clock, I personally think it depends, and this one is too chic to pass!)
Hand Pen Holder