Vika Gazinskaya at Paris fashion week; Courtesy of wwd.com, vogue.com, harpersbazaar.com.
What caught my eye: The oh-so-elegant Parisian style (although she is Russian)
Why I love it:
- Oversize made a big impression on this season’s runways. As one of fashion’s favorite oversized silhouettes, cocoon shape has no exception.
- A great cocoon coat stays on top of my shopping list, especially that in a delicate color: soft rose, dusty violet, or the pure ivory showed above.
- Opposites are attractive. Sexy bare legs, skinny jeans, sleek leather pants are apparently the way to go with cocoon coat.
- When it comes to shoe options, pin-thin heels result an instant urban cool look; tough leather booties add a contemporary twist; substantial heels (the newest shape is a wedge with a notch nipped out under the arch) accompany you from business lunch to running errands.
- Which occasion is this flattering cocoon shape good for? I would say any, especially gallery opening, museum hopping or Saturday matinée.
How to recreate: