Photos: Bonnie Chen & Poppy Delevign; Courtesy of style.com; vogue.fr.
What I learned:
1. Transform summer lightweight maxi skirt into fall by adding jackets, booties, and other earth-tone accessories (like brown leather belts on the two ladies above);
2. The skill of layering, especially showed by Poppy Delevigne (right): she wore a hoodie over the T-shirt and top it off with her signature go-to leather jacket. It’s effortlessly edgy yet warm and comfy;
3. The art of balancing: for the first outfit (left), the girl balanced her feminine, summer skirt with oversized boyfriend blazer and Bohemian fedora. Poppy Delevigne (right) is a master of dressing eclectically: the leather jacket, casual hoodie and lace up booties add cool-girl effect to her romantic skirt. And they both chose graffiti T-shirts to balance the plain skirts, also add a playful vibe.
4. Finish the look with something unexpected, like Poppy Delevigne’s school bag (instead of a satchel). And don’t be afraid to top bold with bold (like the bright yellow cross-body bag and sunny yellow skirt combo)
5. Do you know that when the temperature is below 59ºF, three-quarters of our body heat can loss through our heads? So throw on a trendy fedora to keep you warm and stylish.
How to recreate?
Clockwise from top left:
J.Crew fedora (extra 25% off with code STYLE25; similar here)
Cambridge Satchel bag (similar here)
Tory Burch flats (again here)
Ralph Lauren belt (featured here, great style here)
Madewell satchel (similar here)
Givenchy bootie (great alternative here, use code BRSEPT25 for extra 25% off)
House of Harlow 196o necklace (again here)
Madewell belt (also here)