Photos: (clockwise from top left) Michele Hicks, Jenna Lyons, Jen Brill & Jennifer Meyer; Courtesy of vogue.com.
Striped shirt is widely loved for its classic yet modern vibe and built-in Parisian chicness. It’s easy to dress down for lounging by the pool or roaming around. Here, I want to share with you four ways to dress it up for parties and events.
Basic versions like the blue and white one seen on Jennifer Meyer are more vacation-related, thus require a little more thoughts to be polished up. Take a hint from the beloved jewelry designer, choose a well fitting version, tuck it into a bright skirt, which also adds a pop of color, then elevate the look with accessories: lace up heels, structured leather bag, and loads of jewelry.
Updated versions with unique details, like the ones spotted on Michele Hicks and Jenna Lyons, can be a centerpiece themselves, so stay with a monochrome color palette to maximize the impact. Also choose pieces that are sharply tailored for cool sophistication, be it a vest, leather pants or glossed leather pointy-toe pumps.
1. Saint James for J. Crew shrunken Tee
2. Gap twill skirt
3. Nadri crystal bangle
4. Vince Camuto crossbody bag
1. French Connection Truro stripe top
2. Lily Aldridge for Velvet pearl top
3. Bobeau stripe roll sleeve top
1. Vince ‘Linked’ stripe cashmere sweater (similar 60% off here)
2. J.Crew engineered striped top (on sale here!)
3. Ann Taylor striped scoop neck tee
1. MICHAEL Michael Kors striped ribbed knitted top (similar here & here)
2. Antipodium Syntax T-shirt
3. Shae split stripe sweater
4. Marc Jacobs glossed-leather Mary Jane pumps