Photos: Diane Kruger; Courtesy of Just Jared.
Striped Tees are summer essentials. Usually I would pair them with sunny yellow or cobalt blue, but this look of Diane Kruger totally inspired me: the classic stripes look so fresh and unexpected with various shades of pink! Her covetable pointy toe studded ballerinas and fresh, luxury white flap bag make the look anything but saccharine & girly.
In Chinese: 清爽的海魂衫是春夏必备，我通常配上明黄或宝蓝去点亮条纹，但黛安·克鲁格(Diane Kruger)的这个造型给了我新的灵感，没想到条纹配上亮粉色这么好看！她的裤子和鞋选择不同色调的粉，增加了脚部的分量，也让造型更有层次感。持续好几季的火热让华伦天奴(Valentino)家铆钉系列的包包和鞋子成了每个时尚爱好者的衣橱必备！
Top: Velvet by Graham & Spencer ($25 here)
Sunglasses: Karen Walker
Bag: Loeffler Randall (also 50% off here!)
Shoe: Valentino (10 color options here! similar here & here)
Photos: (clockwise from top left) Michele Hicks, Jenna Lyons, Jen Brill & Jennifer Meyer; Courtesy of vogue.com.
Striped shirt is widely loved for its classic yet modern vibe and built-in Parisian chicness. It’s easy to dress down for lounging by the pool or roaming around. Here, I want to share with you four ways to dress it up for parties and events.
Basic versions like the blue and white one seen on Jennifer Meyer are more vacation-related, thus require a little more thoughts to be polished up. Take a hint from the beloved jewelry designer, choose a well fitting version, tuck it into a bright skirt, which also adds a pop of color, then elevate the look with accessories: lace up heels, structured leather bag, and loads of jewelry.
Updated versions with unique details, like the ones spotted on Michele Hicks and Jenna Lyons, can be a centerpiece themselves, so stay with a monochrome color palette to maximize the impact. Also choose pieces that are sharply tailored for cool sophistication, be it a vest, leather pants or glossed leather pointy-toe pumps.
1. Saint James for J. Crew shrunken Tee
2. Gap twill skirt
3. Nadri crystal bangle
4. Vince Camuto crossbody bag
1. French Connection Truro stripe top
2. Lily Aldridge for Velvet pearl top
3. Bobeau stripe roll sleeve top
1. Vince ‘Linked’ stripe cashmere sweater (similar 60% off here)
2. J.Crew engineered striped top (on sale here!)
3. Ann Taylor striped scoop neck tee
1. MICHAEL Michael Kors striped ribbed knitted top (similar here & here)
2. Antipodium Syntax T-shirt
3. Shae split stripe sweater
4. Marc Jacobs glossed-leather Mary Jane pumps