Photos: Miranda Kerr; Courtesy of justjared.com.
Thanks to Balenciaga & Yves Saint Laurent who first introduced over-the-knee boots to the fashion world in the 60s, and legendary Karl Lagerfeld who popularized them by showing women that over-the-knee boots are a fashionable and practical alternative to leggings, now they already become a fashion staple that we rely on every fall/winter.
From the pioneers who rocked them in the 60s (led a strong trend against the iconic New look from Dior), you know that these babies are bad girls, they are tough, brave and sexy, which we should keep in mind when styling.
The streamlined menswear coat and outstanding cape coat showed on Miranda Kerr echo the cool-girl vibe of these boots. Mini skirts or shorts are the way to go with the high hem. And the best accessories? Your attitude!
膝上靴的流行真的要感谢设计师Balenciaga & Yves Saint Laurent，在上个世纪60年代，他们第一次把这种专门为男士们骑马而设计的鞋款引入了女性时装界。但这种靴型真正流行起来还要感谢Karl Lagerfeld，他在90年代设计的一个秋冬系列里用膝上靴代替传统秋冬穿的厚裤袜，从此每年秋冬，膝上靴就成了我们必不可少的单品了。
至于怎么搭配，回顾它的设计起源能给我们更多灵感。上世纪60年代正是迪奥最著名的new look盛行的时候，膝上靴的酷帅、性感和“坏女孩”的感觉吸引了一批对new look审美疲劳的时尚先驱们。
1. Balenciaga Sphinx Tee & Balenciaga Spinx print skirt (love these prints!)
2. J.Crew cape trench (great style here & here)
3. Alexander Wang boots (great style here; all time favorite here)
4. Jules Smith & Campbell knuckle rings
5. See by Chloé bag (investment-worthy here & here)
1. Equipment cashmere sweater (also here; similar here)
2. Marc by Marc Jacobs round sunglasses
3. Mother of Pearl skirt (similar here)
4. Warehouse biker coat (love this one; on Miranda Kerr here)
5. Alexander Wang boots (great style here; all-time favorite here)
6. Valentino The Lock shoulder bag (great style here & here)