Photos: Olivia Palermo; Courtesy of Rex Features.
There’s a reason why Olivia Palermo is a fashion icon. Take the above left look of her for example: a regal blouse and sexy mesh pump take her casual overalls to another level. A radiant orchid bag brightens up her monochrome ensemble while introducing the hottest color trend this year. I especially love how she adds a pair of bejeweled pins around her waist to add right amount of glitter, which also contribute greatly to a well-balanced proportion. These pins have appeared on her many times– she pined them around the neckline of her dress, lapels on her blazer… Sometimes, it’s the subtle details matter the most and inspire us the most.
In Chinese: 纽约名媛奥利维亚·巴勒莫 (Olivia Palermo)的搭配功力和她对细节的注意经常让我感慨万分。比如上面的第一个造型，休闲风的背带裤被她配上了华丽宫廷风的衬衫和性感的镂空包鞋，一个兰花紫的手包点亮了黑白造型的同时不张扬地引入了这一季最火的色彩潮流。我最喜欢的是她别在腰间的一对胸针，不但呼应了衬衫的华丽感，而且更重要的是强调了腰线，拉长了腿型。这一对胸针在她的很多街拍或派对造型里都出现过，有时她别在裙子的领口，有时在西装的领片上。很多时候，正是这些几乎被忽略的细节对整体造型起着重要的作用，也给我们带来最多的搭配灵感。
1. ALICE by Temperley blouse & Paige Denim overalls (last seen on her here; similar here)
2. Aquazzura mesh pumps (last seen on her here; similar here)
3. Nina crystal brooch (buy a pair! you’d be surprised how versatile they are!)
4. Delvaux Givry Santiag suede bag (also love this!)
5. Lancôme eyeliner in ‘Amethyst’
1. RED Valentino dress (great alternative here & here)
2. Ann Taylor buckle belt
3. Karen Walker sunglasses (on sale here!)
4. Larsson & Jennings watch
5. Alexander McQueen studded slippers (anther of Palermo’s favorite on sale here!)